Friday 18 January 2008

Here goes...

I've been worrying for years about whether I'd ever feel ready to have a baby. I always wanted a family, but thought that I wouldn't want to restrict myself. I like staying up late talking online, reading as much as I want to, going out by myself. I like going clubbing too, although we don't do that often. I talked to my mum about my worries, and she said that I'd know when I was ready. At the time, we were still living in a freezing, damp council flat and I was the only one earning. The time really wasn't right for us to try for a baby.
Recently I've been getting very broody, and for the last few months or so Chris has too, more so than me.
Last Friday night I got really upset about my worries, and Chris and I talked about it. The result of all that discussion was that we should start trying to get me pregnant this summer. We think that now the time is right.

I need to stop smoking and, to be honest, I quite like having a reason to quit. Recently I'm finding that I dislike the smell and taste more and more.
I went to see my doctor, and it turns out that I'm going to have to stop taking the antidepressants I'm on, which worries me slightly, and stop taking the drugs that control my migraines, which worries me a lot more. I may find that I still have only a few migraines, but I'm terrified of having a migraine-induced stroke, which is a vague possibility.

The current plan is for me to start cutting down on cigarettes, and to start using patches soon. I'm going to stop taking the Pill in March or so, to give my periods time to settle down, and come off the other two drugs in May.
Hopefully, we can start trying to get me pregnant in June.
I'm nervous, but very excited.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

I'm much the same sweetie. I think I want to be a mum but at the same time I love the lifestyle I have now. I see the way it is with my sister and her three kids and I panic of ever being stuck at home like that.
I know it's a bit different just with one child. It's easier for one to get someone to babysit one kid than dump them with three plus one child is just so much more manageable, but still I worry.
Then throw in that Christian really wants children and I'm not too sure if I do. I feel guilty for not wanting them as much as he does but at the same time is it fair to have a child just because he wants a baby?
It's all just so confusing!

I think a blog is a great idea sweetie. Look forward to more.