Tuesday 5 August 2008

Symptoms

It looks like things are progressing well, if unpleasant symptoms are anything to go by.
As I said in my previous post, I had huge boobs from the week before my period was due, and the day I was expecting my period (Monday) I started feeling sick on the bus. By Wednesday I was feeling queasy all evening, which was when Chris asked when I
was due. I said that I was three days overdue so we decided to do the test the next morning.

Even having done two tests I've still been paranoid about all this being wishful thinking.
I've been consistently queasy since then, plus feeling faint, having less energy, and being really tired, which is probably to do with not being able to bloody sleep! I'm all twitchy and restless,and can't drop off until 2 or 3 a.m.
One of the worst things is not being able to tell people - I can't explain why I've been a bit crap at work, I had to lie to my samba friends at the weekend about why I wasn't drinking alcohol.

I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow to find out what I need to do about making a first appointment, whether it's with the doctor, nurse or midwife.

Oh, and I did a third test this evening. Even with it not being first-thing-in-the-morning wee, the line appeared instantly, so I think my hormone levels must be increasing. :)

2 comments:

Nettie said...

I know when it finally happens to us the not telling people thing will be almost impossible for me! With your samba friends perhaps you can tell them that because you're trying for a baby your doc has said to not drink for a while and see if that helps...That way it's not such a big fib...or just tell them that you're on certain medication with which you can't drink?

So, are we going to get photos from along the way? Barb has side on photos from the first month of her first pregnancy and it's fun to go back and see her getting bigger and bigger. Of course in some of the later photos she looks really grumpy because I've nagged her to have them taken but she hadn't really felt like it. I guess every pregnant woman gets grumpy about getting bigger at some point but looking back she's glad I nagged.

Looking forward to the next post!
xxx

Mouse said...

We took a photo the first day we knew about the pregnancy, and Chris plans to take a picture of me side-on once a week from now on.