Friday 15 February 2008

Patch Problems

Ok, the patches didn't work so well...
The instructions say to start with the 'stage 1' patch, and stay with that for eight weeks. However, there's a problem with that. I smoke, usually, about 10 cigarettes a day, totalling 8mg of nicotine. The stage 1 patches contain 15mg released over 16 hours.
After a couple of hours wearing the patch I was light-headed, nauseous and feeling generally horrible. I've now bought the stage 2 patches, which have only 10mg.
I know that you're meant to set a quit date, on which day you get rid of all your cigarettes, lighters, etc. but the idea of making that much of a change in one go freaks me out.
What I'm going to try is putting the patch on in the afternoon, so I only have to not smoke for a few hours at first, during a time when I'm often busy and distracted anyway.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

As a non-smoker I've not had to try and quit before but it seems like it would be just as hard as dieting (which as a fatty I've tried many times! lol) so good luck with it!