Saturday 23 February 2008

More Quitting News

I haven't tried the patches again, but I have been cutting down on the amount I smoke from my previous 10-12 a day. I smoked 7 on Monday, 7 on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday, 6 on Thursday and 7 today.
Since I'm finding that I'm managing fine with smoking less, the thought of completely quitting isn't scaring me as much.

In other news, I've been having certain... 'signs' that lead me to think that I'm ovulating. Much as I want to, I can't take advantage of that at the moment, but it's nice to know that things seem functional.

Dammit, I want to start trying now...

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Not too sure if you can get them over there but I bought a Maybe Baby from the chemist when we first started trying. It's a little microscope and you smear some spit on the lens and when it dries you look through the microscope and see when kind of crystals have formed. If it's just bubbles then you're not ovulating but if you see fern shaped crystals then you know you have to jump Chris.
Unfortunately I never saw ferns and I was doing the test twice a day. I don't know if that means I don't ovulate for very long periods at all or if I was doing something wrong. One of the ladies at work was using Maybe Baby and each time she had ferns she'd bring it in and show me.

And it's nice to know that you're less panicky about quitting now. Good on you babe.
*bighugs*