Sunday 4 May 2008

Drugs!

I've been back to the doctor a couple of times now. He confirmed that I definitely can't take either of my medicines while pregnant, for the first three months especially.
We discussed how I should come off the drugs, to best reduce withdrawal. I'm going to do it quite slowly. Week one - alternate days of a whole pill and a half one. Week 2 - half a pill each day. Week 3 - half a pill every second day. I'll do the same for my anti-migraine drug. I have a prescription for capsules of half of my usual dosage.
I'm kind of nervous about stoppping takng them, but it's got to be done.

Since I stopped the Pill my periods have been very regular, and there's been regular signs of ovulation too.

I keep having panics about whether I'm ready, about how I'm going to cope with a baby when I don't feel that I can cope with me...
I'm also freaking out about how it'll affect my body. I've never yet managed to look slim, and I'm worrying that now never will, and then I feel horrible and vain.
Logically, I know that I've started exercising now, and that I can still exercise once I'm pregnant. Doesn't stop me worrying, though.

We're still on track for starting trying on our anniversary (May 28th). I'm scared, but feeling better about it than I was.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

It is scary darling and no matter how ready you think you are, there are always doubts (or so I'm told by people who actually have children).

Good luck with coming off the meds, I hope it goes smoothly!